Skip to main content

Alopecia Areata

Hair Loss Hair Loss Treatments

Female Hair Loss Stop Hair Loss




Alopecia Areata


Following my blog post on Alopecia, today I would like to touch on one of the hair loss type under Non-scarring Alopecia, that is hair loss in which hair can grow back.

Alopecia areata is a sudden onset of hair loss where white blood cells simultaneously destroy all hair follicles. If severe, there will be Alopecia totalis where all hair on the scalp are lost. Worst, it will be Alopecia Universalis, where all hair on scalp and even on the skin are lost!

BLOGS

Popular posts from this blog

Bee Choo Herbal Hair Treatment

I went to Bee Choo Herbal Hair Treatment recently to treat my hair problems, I have been going there quite frequently to cure my hair loss problems. I was recommended to Bee Choo Herbal Hair Treatment by many netizens when I did an online search for a herbal treatment centre which provides good treatments at a most affordable and reasonable price. I was lucky for I found Bee Choo Herbal Hair Treatment! I did not choose other more popular Herbal Hair Treatment Centres that were so aggressively featured on the newspapers, were known for their hard-sell tactics to 'force' customers to sign packages as well as noted for a number of complaints for ineffective treatments by their customers,after spending more than $10,000. Bee Choo Herbal Hair Treatment uses top quality herbs for the herbal treatments and whats more, the prices are the cheapest I ever come across: $23 for my hair treatment at its Pasir Ris outlet, treatment of hair of other length and at other Bee Choo bra

Bawang Hair-strengthening Shampoo

Readers to my website should have known by now that I have just bought a shampoo called Pregaine. I have been using it for one week now and so far the results are quite okay: I experienced the less oily scalp which the manufacturers have claimed. But, I would want something that not only cleanses my scalp, I want something that could simulate hair growth too. This is where I train my eyes to a product which has been promoted quite recently in Singapore. Starring Jackie Chan, no I mean endorsed by Jackie Chan, this shampoo called Bawang Shampoo, is a all Chinese herbal shampoo which contains ginseng, said to simulate hair growth, by the sales woman but only for the hair strengthening type. I bought the 400 ml type today for $7.80 only at a store which sells things cheaply, and I used it during shampooing when bathing. It is just like normal shampoo.. except it is brown in colour. However on rinsing, the fluid turns white, just like normal shampoo. I checked the ing

Hair Loss- My True Story

My True story Like many of you, I am also a victim of hair loss ….. More and more Singaporean men are losing their ‘crowns of glory’ and this trend may be getting earlier and earlier.On the streets in these recent years, we may spot a relatively number of young men who are bald or balding. Compare this phenomenon to say ten years ago when this phenomenon is not commonly seen. This balding trend among Singaporean men is sparking an increasing proliferation of hair treatment centres. Hair treatment centres have practically sprung up all over the island with the likes of Beijing 101, Yunnan, Svenson, Bossin, etc.Causes of hair loss can be hereditary, or caused by stress, drug medications, poor diets, oily scalp etc and these causes manifest into the many forms or types of hair loss such as male pattern baldness, telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, etc. A normal human loses about 50 to 100 hairs per day and this loss is not alarming. However if more than this number is lost per day,

Best hair tonic

If you are looking for the best hair tonic, I have this saying I would like to share with you: “One man’s beef is another man’s poison”. What works for one may not work for you. It takes some trials, time and money to test the hair tonic you are interested out to see the results.

Hair Loss Forums

Hair Loss Forums may be good places for hair loss sufferers to learn more about hair loss, hair loss help and hair loss prevention. From today, I would start to introduce some hair loss forums in the internet which may be of great benefits to you. 

Nizoral Shampoo and Stieprox Shampoo

If you are suffering from itchy, oily and hair replete with dandruff and are looking for a shampoo which could combat such conditions, from my experience, I would like to recommend you the following two shampoos I have used before: a) Nizoral Shampoo (containing Ketoconazole, which is reported to slow down some balding problems too) b) Stieprox Shampoo

Nizoral Shampoos

In my earlier posts, I have written about the difficulty of finding a shampoo which could cure hair loss and as well as preventing oily scalp. Well that is one shampoo which may have slipped my mind then: Nizoral shampoo is a shampoo which is reputed to cure hair loss as well as prevent dandruff. I have used Nizoral shampoo before the other time, though to me at that time, my hair loss still persist, probably still due to the side effect of laser but I could say that Nizoral really delivers a clean solution to my dandruff solutions! We could use Nizoral shampoo twice per week, interspersed with a regular shampoo: this should have some results over sometime. I think I am going to buy Nizoral shampoo soon to be used in conjunction with Kanz shampoo. Hair treatment centres like Bee Choo work partly by removing the oil from the scalp. When the scalp is free of oil, less hair fall. Thus I always find myself experiencing more hair loss as more days passed after the last Bee Choo treat

Balding Woes

This morning, I woke up as usual to find tons of hairs over my pillow and on the floor! I am always sad, seems that everything I do to stem the hair loss, comes to a nought. Like time, I can now comb my hair to make it neater. Nowadays, without much combing, my hair will always look neat as there is really much less hair already. I could have very nice side-parting with still lots of hair as support in the past. Now I could not do much side-parting as the flesh of the scalp will show... the balding areas. Thus if you are observant enough, as people bald, they change the parting of their hair from middle, to side and then as the balding spots grow, more and more to the side towards the ears! I have observed Actor Qi Yu Wu's hair getting thinner and thinner.. I have observd his hair and thought that he is starting to bald. One see his appearance as quite clean-shaven in the little nonya.... is it to hide his balding problem or just to protray his role in the seri

System 4 Bio Botanical Hair Loss Shampoo

I am now using System 4 Bio Botanical Hair Loss Shampoo , I just bought the shampoo recently after a hair loss shampoo which I have been using, without much positive effect, ran out. System 4 Bio Botanical Hair Loss Shampoo is a product from Finland (the company is Sim Sensitive) which retails at Beauty Language stores at $25. The shampoo's description says that this System 4 Bio Botanical shampoo stimulates hair growth and helps prevent premature hair loss. The ingredients of this hair loss shampoo are mainly botanical extracts though I am happy to see Salicylic acid being featured as an ingredient too as I believe Salicylic acid has some properties to promote hair growth. I will not say whether System 4 Bio Botanical Hair Loss Shampoo works for me or not as it is now too early to tell. If you want to know, stay tuned to my blog. Meanwhile, do keep reading my other blog posts as I believe you will reap some good advice on how to prevent and treat hair loss!

Hair Loss Treatment Centres: Yun nam, Beijing 101, Lao Fo, Svenson, Bossin reviews

I believe readers would have read about my post that Beijing 101 products contain the chemical called Minoxidil. Sorry this news is not made up by me, it is published in the newspapers. If you are a hair loss sufferer and have been to hair loss treatment centres in Singapore for treating your hair loss, please share your reviews with the users by sending me an email, it would be useful to all! All personal details would be kept strictly confidential.