Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Female Hair Loss and Female Pattern Baldness


On the whole, there are still relatively fewer female hair loss sufferers in Singapore than male hair loss sufferers, just look at the street, one will spot a balding man here and there but less often, a balding woman. That is also probably why we have the term ‘Male Pattern Baldness’ to describe the genetic balding in males. But we should not be naïve, there is also a symptom called the female pattern baldness!

I have read that usually no matter how a woman bald, her front will still be ‘protected’, thus I was very surprised when I saw a bald lady in the MRT last Saturday. She was almost 100% bald…

She is a woman and is bald.. imagine she has to bear the stares of passer-bys each day. I am a man.. I should be braver and act like a man.. balding shouldn’t matter to me much, though I would try my best to protect my hair.

Disclaimer & CopyRight

SINGAPORE HAIR LOSS SUPPORT GROUP IS A BLOG WHERE the views and opinions expressed in this blog and blog posts arise from the author's perspectives, encounters and experiences directly or indirectly. The author, SINGAPORE HAIR LOSS SUPPORT GROUP, shall not be liable for any damage caused to the reader arising from the use or purchase of information, products and services directly or indirectly featured or implied in this blog or email replies to readers. The author of this blog reserves the copyrights to all writing, photography and images in this blog. All rights reserved. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.